Biometric information to become part of the visitor visa applicationPosted by in blog
Overview of the project:
– As of spring 2013, all temporary resident visa applicants, coming from visa-requiring countries, will be required to provide biometric information along with their application.
– Biometric data are taken in the form of digital finger prints and a digital photograph.
– This information must be collected in person at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).
– Biometric data will be screened against Canadian databases to determine whether the applicant has a Canadian criminal record, has previously been deported, or has been denied refugee status.
– Identity verification is hoped to provide immigration officers with greater confidence in decision-making.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.