Premier CIC – Canada's Only Immigration Consulting Co-op: We Know What You Need
Header image

Study in Canada

Canada has some of the top universities in the world, located in some of the world’s most livable cities.  Over 100,000 students from around the world come to Canada each year for a world class education and to enhance their chances of getting Permanent Residence.

Studying in Canada  generally requires a  Study Permit from an overseas Canadian visa office. Some basic original documents required for the application for a study permit are:

  • A valid passport or travel document that identifies the applicant and guarantees re-entry into country that issued it.
  • A  letter of acceptance from the Canadian educational institution showing the name of the institution, confirmation of acceptance as a student, duration of the academic program and the latest date for registration.
  • Proof or evidence the applicant is able to afford the tuition and living expenses required to complete the program without the need to work.  For programs lasting more than one year, there must be evidence of sufficient funds for at least the first year.


After completion or graduation from a post-secondary program, a student is allowed to gain valuable Canadian work experience through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP).

To make the most of your study in Canada and your chances of getting Permanent Residence in Canada, let PCIC’s expert advisors help you find your way.  <a href=””>Contact us</a>